Tokyo, Japan –The Keio Plaza Hotel Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s most prestigious hotel companies operating hotels in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo and other locations, is proud to announce that our Keio Plaza Hotel Tama has become the first hotel in the world to open theme guest rooms based upon “My Melody” and “Little Twin Stars” (Kiki and Lala) who have been adored by fans around the world since their creation in 1975. At the same time, four existing “Hello Kitty” themed rooms have also been renovated with various upgrades to increase the enjoyment of guests.
The My Melody Rooms are created in the image of the innocent, cheerful and loving nature of the character playing hide and seek in a forest. A heartwarming three dimensional wall relief depicting My Melody wearing a red hood made by her grandmother and playing on a swing made by her father is set against a backdrop of the room interior representing a lush green forest. Also, rooms are facilitated with tables patterned after wood blocks and room chairs after wild forest mushrooms to accentuate the forest image. The bathroom recreates the bright image of clear blue skies with a rainbow spanning the wall and bathtub. Curtain tassels, cushions, chests and the walls are decorated with flower patterns to make guests feel as if they are part of a scene from My Melody playing with her friends in a forest.
The Little Twin Stars Rooms are created with various images of Kiki and Lala playing in an amusement park atop of clouds in a lofty star studded sky. Also, younger brother Kiki, who is highly curious and a bit hasty, and older sister Lala, who is easily scared and a little bit of a crybaby, are depicted riding a unicorn on their way to an amusement park in another scene. In addition, the bed headboard is decorated with clouds, and the cushions, curtain tassels and tables are patterned in the shape of stars. The overall room is colored pink to give the room a fantastical sense, and to portray the image of Kiki and Lala surrounded by clouds and stars playing in an amusement part.
The ceilings and walls of the newly added “My Melody” and “Little Twin Stars” themed rooms are designed to provide “coordinated spaces” that show various scenes of these characters reflecting the environments in which they are portrayed, with simple floorings designed to focus the guests’ attentions upon the ceilings and walls. Also, scenes of both characters are reflected in the night lamp and floor stand room lighting, and the framed illustrations adorning the rooms. Our Hotel has also paid detailed attention to the various room amenities and including original Sanrio character mascot dolls, slippers and other goods. Also, we provide guests with tote bags, toothbrushes and other commemorative goods for them to use in their rooms or take home with them as memories of their stays with us.
As part of the upgrades of Hello Kitty Rooms, large cushions decorated with the Hello Kitty motif of red ribbons and foot throws portraying Hello Kitty playing in an amusement park are placed on guest beds. Also, a floor stand room lights that displays an illustration showing Hello Kitty riding a pony that also lights up to accentuate the cuteness of Hello Kitty Rooms has been added.
This year marks both the 45th anniversary since “Hello Kitty” first made her appearance, and the 5th anniversary since the birth of the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama “Hello Kitty” themed rooms. Therefore, our Hotel makes special efforts to broaden the awareness and appeal of the newly added “My Melody” and “Little Twin Stars” amongst guests unfamiliar with our Hello Kitty Rooms, and to welcome repeat guests from both Japan and overseas back to the rooms with special new decorations and fun surprises.
Keio Plaza Hotel Tama Information, Reservations: +81-42-374-0111
|Room Type||Room Numbers||Square Meters||Occupancy||Room Price|
|My Melody Room||2||26.3||Single||JPY59,400|
|Little Twin Stars Room||2||26.3||Double||JPY59,400|
|Hello Kitty Room||4||26.3||Triple||JPY65,340|
1) My Melody mascot dolls wearing red hoods made by her grandmother and with original Sanrio character logos specially designed for the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama are provided to guests staying in the My Melody Rooms.
2) Rooms decorated with rainbows spanning blue skies portrayed on the ceilings, forests of “Maryland” where My Melody plays hide and seek with her friends, and reliefs of My Melody playing on a swing made by her father. The overall rooms are patterned with various scenes of My Melody.
3) Can you find My Melody hiding in the headlights and floor lamps? Please make sure you try to find where she is hiding when you turn on the lights.
4) Cushions designed in the image of wild flowers growing in the forest have been specially designed for the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama. Key charms, chests, and the walls are also adorned with special decorations representing the forest.
5) Foot throws placed on beds depict scenes of My Melody playing with her friend Flat, who is taking a nap using a mushroom as a pillow.
6) Doorknob signs depicting My Melody playing with her friend Flat to display various messages.
7) Framed illustrations showing My Melody in different scenes are displayed in each of the two My Melody rooms.
8) My Melody toothbrushes, tote bags, mascot dolls and other original amenity goods with the Sanrio character logos are provided by the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama for guests to take with them.
1) Little Twin Stars mascot dolls with original Sanrio character logos are specially prepared for guests by the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama. The large star adorning Kiki’s back gives him the great ability to fly, and their mother tied to him with a ribbon. Also, the stick that Lala uses to decide which direction to go was given to her by their father.
2) Kiki and Lala are portrayed in a three dimensional relief showing them riding a unicorn to visit an amusement park atop some clouds. Also, the rooms are decorated with fluffy clouds and stars.
3) Kiki and Lala miraculously appear when headlights and floor lamp lights are turned on.
4) Rounded star shaped cushions adorn the room, along with similar shaped stars patterns on Kiki’s back.
5) Foot throws on beds depict scenes of Kiki, Lala and a unicorn resting on a fluffy cloud.
6) Doorknob signs depicting cheerful or sleeping Kiki and Lala to display various messages.
7) Differing framed illustrations depict Kiki and Lala in different scenes in each room.
8) Little Twin Stars toothbrushes, tote bags, mascot dolls and other amenity goods with special Sanrio character logos are provided in guest rooms for guests to take with them.
1) This year marks both the 45th anniversary since Hello Kitty’s birthday on November 1th, and the 5th anniversary since the birth of the Keio Plaza Hotel Tama “Hello Kitty” themed rooms in November, 2014.
2) The wallpapers and carpets are designed around the room to provide a world of dream in which Hello Kitty enjoys endlessly.
3) Can you find Hello Kitty hiding in the headlights and floor lamps? Please make sure you try to find where she is hiding when you turn on the lights.
4) Hello Kitty and Mimmy are portrayed in a three dimensional relief showing them riding a roller coaster to make a fun and enjoyable experience in an amusement park.
5) The wallpapers and carpets show the city of Tokyo where Keio Plaza Hotel, Keio Department Store, and Keio Railway in addition to an amusement park are portrayed.
6) Don’t miss Hello Kitty’s signature on a mirror of the bathroom with her favorite color’s pink lipstick.
7) Large cushions decorated with the Hello Kitty motif of red ribbons and foot throws portraying Hello Kitty playing in an amusement park are placed on guest beds. Red ribbons with key charms are created at the same rate as Hello Kitty’s ones.
8) Hello Kitty tote bags, mascot dolls and other amenity goods with special Sanrio character logos are provided in guest rooms for guests to take with them.
©1976, 2019 SANRIO CO., LTD． APPROVAL No．G601376
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo, located in Shinjuku at the very heart of the nation’s capital Tokyo, is one of Japan’s leading international hotels. Our hotel boasts of over 15 restaurants and bars, and we host a wide range of local and international guests who visit us for our welcoming facilities, warm hospitality and unique services that allow them to experience Japanese culture, including ourwedding kimono fitting experience,tea ceremony,ikebana experienceandmany others. For more information about our facilities and services, please visit ourwebsite,YouTube,FacebookorInstagram.
Contacts: Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo, Public Relations Manager
Keiko Kawashima, +81-3-5322-8010 firstname.lastname@example.org